Revolutions in the News
- Teens Explore Memphis with Bike Ambassador Program, WMC Action 5 News (April 2018)
- Tour de Brewer, WMC Action 5 (March 2018)
- South Memphis Glide Ride with Big Jump Teen Ambassadors, WMC Action 5 News (March 2018)
- Rock and Roll Around Memphis, Memphis Parent Magazine (March 2018)
- South Memphis Glide Ride on Live at 9, WREG News Channel 3 (March 2018)
- Sign of Community: Teens to lead bike ride through South Memphis, Memphis Daily News (Feb 2018)
- Group offers tips for riding bicycles in the snow, ice, WMC Action 5 News (Jan 2018)
- The Big Jump: Making Bicycles a Part of Daily Life in Memphis, Memphis Flyer (Dec 2017)
- And video!
- Bicycles and Yoga, WMC Action News 5 (Nov 2017)
- New Bicycle Safety Class for Some Local Schools, WREG’s Live at 9 (Sept 2017)
- Tour De Brewer II, on WMC Action News 5 (Sept 2017)
- Peabody Elementary’s Bike Train to School, for National Bike to School Day (May 2017)
- The Commericial Appeal’s Good Health magazine, pgs 10 – 11, (Nov 2016)
- Choose901 encourages support for Bicycle Ambassadors (June 2016)
- Memphis Flyer, Bike Memphis (June 2016)
- Ruta Memphis profiled Revolutions, en Espan~ol! (Junio 2016)
- Choose901 highlights Bike to Dinner, May 2016
- Bicycle Ambassadors video made by Shelby County Schools, May 2016
- Action News 5: Coverage of Bicycle Ambassadors, May 2016
- Make Memphis: Calls to Action!, February 2016 — Revolutions Bicycle CoOp Introduces the Bicycle Ambassadors Project
- IOBY’s Awesome Projects blog, January 2016 — Help outfit 16 young bike ambassadors in Memphis neighborhood
- Memphis Magazine, January 2016 — Neighborhood Profile: Cooper-Young (see article starting on pg 57, plus Revolutions bike on the cover!)
- League of American Bicyclists, June 2015 — Bicycle Friendly Community Spotlight: Memphis, and First Congregational Church as a Bicycle Friendly Business educator and as a Platinum-Level Bicycle Friendly Business
- Choose 901’s video on Revolutions, May 2015: https://vimeo.com/127317480
- Church Health Reader, Winter 2014/15, Building the Blessing of Bikes
- High Ground profile, Aug. 2014, Easy Riding: Bicycle co-op reaches out to cycling newbies
- Memphis Parent Magazine – as part of an article on Active, Busy, Healthy Kids
Hey! We’re on YouTube! Here’s a helpful video explaining how to use an Outdoor Bicycle Repair Stand. We installed one on May 22, 2015 at Poplar and Cleveland, as a part of Church Health Center’s Operation Crosstown improvements.
Easy Riders Tri-Cycles
Revolutions, in partnership with the City of Memphis Division of Parks and Neighborhoods, will lead a group ride for senior citizen using ten new tri-cycles. At the unveiling, we asked several friends to try out and demonstrate these three-wheeled rides. And everybody loved them!! I hear from a lot of seniors a concern about the balance it takes to stop and start a bike. Tri-Cycles seem to give an almost magical confidence since they’re stable at a stop. The aim of this program is to give seniors from around Memphis an easy, fun way to get some exercise, while also connecting with the community. We enjoyed working with Parks and Neighborhoods on this new project.
And, check out this video of Mayor A.C. Wharton, DA General Amy Weirich and Parks and Neighborhoods Director Janet Hooks enjoying the ride!