We’ve begun assembling and repairing all of the bicycles that will be provided to 30 children this holiday season as a part of the annual Holiday Bike Recycle in partnership with Shelby Farms Park Conservancy and the YMCA of Greater Memphis. There are several ways that you can take part in the programming:
We’ve only got four build days left until the children use the bikes for the first time and we’ve got a lot of work yet to do. Please consider helping to help out at the shop during the days and times listed below to help us finalize all the repairs and stay on schedule.
- Thursday, December 12 – 6:30pm-8:30pm
- Sunday, December 15 – 2:00pm-4:00pm
- Monday, December 16 – 6:30pm-8:30pm
- Thursday, December 19 – 4:00pm-8:30pm
We’ve got lots of work to do requiring a range of skills. Don’t hesitate to join us and participate in this rewarding experience!
If you want to get involved in another way, check out these opportunities below:
- Each child going through the program will experience 10 hours of bike safety and skills training. Volunteers will be needed to help instruct the kids during our planned events in mid-late December. No experience is needed to assist with this task and is a very rewarding experience for both the volunteers and kids alike. This year, training will occur on Wednesday, December 18 and Friday, December 20. Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org if you’d be interested in helping with this training.
- The Holiday Bike Recycle concludes each year with a bike ride down the Shelby Farms Greenline. We are seeking volunteers that are willing to help chaperone during the ride. This year, the ride will take place on Saturday, December 21, 2013. Please send an email to email@example.com with your contact information if you’d like to help with this portion of the event.
This is one of our favorite programs each year and we hope you’ll come and be a part of it!