To access the parts, tools and mechanics at Revolutions Community Bicycle Shop you must be a member of the shop. A basic Annual Membership requires you attend an orientation class and 10 hours of volunteer service at Revolutions during our open shop hours. After completing the orientation and 10 hours of service at the bike shop, membership candidates make a $40 donation. Memberships can also be discounted in exchange for additional volunteer service using the following table:
|Volunteer Hours||Membership Dues|
A membership at Revolutions features the following benefits:
- Members can select a basic bike frame from our inventory of used bikes
- Members will assemble their bicycle at Revolutions Community Bicycle Shop with the help of a trained and experienced bicycle mechanic
- Membership provides three initial appointments for work stand time. Most bicycles can be constructed during three sessions.
- All the recycled bike parts required to assemble one bicycle come along with the annual membership. Any replacement parts for one bicycle are covered by the annual membership.
- Membership covers the cost of shop materials including cables and housing, lubricants and degreasers, recycled replacement parts, and work stand time (by appointment) for a period of one year.
- Members are entitled to make any additional appointments to repair their bicycles on any of our open shop days for the duration of their annual membership.
- The cost of new tires, new handlebar tape, new innertubes and other parts one might want “brand-new” are not covered by the $40 membership fee. We encourage our members to visit local bike shops (see link page) to purchase these new parts.
Persons wishing to enroll their entire family (3 or more persons) will be eligible for special discounts and allowances from the membership requirements.
- $40 and 7 hours volunteer service per Adult.
- $10 and 7 hours volunteer service per Child
After one year, members can renew their membership by re-fulfilling their membership requirements (10 hours volunteer service and $40). All time spent volunteering during the course of the year will count towards the renewal and members that volunteer more often can take advantage of the discounts offered above.